Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I remember....

 - when Bill was going to school full time and working full time and my adult conversation was limited to telephone solicitors.
-nursing a newborn with a toddler on my lap.
- loading up my double stroller and walking to the grocery store because we only had 1 car.
-when 5 o'clock was the hour of hell- straightening the house, cooking dinner, and trying to keep my toddler from napping all with a baby strapped to my hip. 
- when meeting friends for lunch meant going to a Mc Donald's with a play place.
  - tucking my 3 little ones at the end of an exhausting day and realizing how grateful I was to get to do it all over again tomorrow.
We've come a long way!  For all of you who are still in the above stage of mommyhood , try to enjoy it- it goes by so fast, even when your days seem so long.

4 comments:

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Thanks for the reminder. I think when we are in our children's younger years we sometimes are just trying to get through another day. We need to stop and appreciate that it won't last forever and that our kids really do grow up too fast!!

Jen said...

Hmmm, is someone missing her children now that they're all gone at school all day?

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I need a little bit of that to remind me to enjoy my day and not just get through it. I really can't complain, Miles is a dream. I am sure the next one will be trouble....isn't that how it works?

janet said...

I remember too. Wish I could do it all over again, and again, and again! Love you