Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just call me a liar...



  You know the contests you see on T.V. where, when you buy a specific product, you may have a chance at winning a fabulous prize.  The popular tag line is "MANY will enter, only ONE will win!"  I have always told my kids that they are nothing but schemes.  Wednesday I had to run to Target and just happened to see that there was a new sour yogo fruit snack on sale so I picked up a couple of boxes. (my family loves anything sour) Tate had been seeing the commercials for a contest they were running and quickly ripped the boxes open.  The first revealed the usual "Sorry, you are not a winner."  The second revealed a $5.oo Discover card!  Apparently there are 43,000 $5.oo cards and we managed to find one -which split between 3 kids is $1.67 each.    I am afraid this will only encourage contest purchases in the future!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I would love to know what they can buy with $1.67. ;-)

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Who knew you could strike it rich with a Yogo box, nice!

Shilea said...

Yeah!!!!!! Maybe I should get some yogos and see if they bring me good luck!!! Congrats!!! :) I think the only thing I've ever won was an Atari system years ago. Remember those????