Monday, November 16, 2009

my 1 woman race!





So I mentioned in a previous post that I had decided to run a 1/2 marathon. About 1/2 way into my training I realized that the date of the race was the same as Tate's baptism date. Baptism will trump just about everything. So because I am very good at being told what to do, especially when there is a list involved, I committed to run it anyway. That is what I did this past Saturday! I ran 13.1 miles on my treadmill while watching ESPN's College Gameday & a bit of the old movie The Bachelor. The read out on my treadmill is a bit skewed because it only reads 49.26 minutes but it was really 149.26 minutes (my treadmill automatically shuts off when it hits 100 minutes, so I had to restart it), it reads 52.4 laps which = 13.1 miles, and it says I only burned 570 calories, but that should really be 1570 calories. I was exhausted and laid in bed for most of the afternoon. I also finished my Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate slice I had used to carbo-load the night before! Pretty sure that's not the best thing to eat the night before a race, but it was a good enough excuse for me. All I know is that if I can do it, anyone can! I used to say that I could only run around the bases on a softball field - I guess I can go a bit further now...

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so proud of you I can hardly stand it! You are amazing! You are the most driven, self disciplined person that I know! I'm a little bit jealous of your accomplishment. Okay to say a little bit is a total and complete understatement.... I am completely and entirely jealous! I wish that I could follow in your footsteps and follow your example and become as awesome as you! This may sound like an exaggeration as you read it... but it's not. Way to go Amy! You're the WOMAN!!!

Alison said...

ok, not saying I'm going to run a half marathon... however... I would love to see your schedule. Do you have it on your computer where you could email it to me?


Congrats!!!!

Shilea said...

Wow! :) Way to go! You never cease to amaze me...
Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!!

Jen said...

Good for you!!!!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

You go girl!!!! What a good example you are of setting a goal and accomplishing it!! That is AWESOME!!

janet said...

Congratulations. You should be proud of yourself in so many ways, I am. Fantastic accomplishment.

Annalise said...

Superwoman strikes again! The most amazing thing to me is that you did it alone on your treadmill...that's some real determination! All my running friends (read that as friends who run, not friends I run with :))say they have to run long distances with someone to keep up the motivation. Way to go!!