Friday, July 4, 2008

A year in the making



We were counseled by our Stake Presidency that one of the struggles our youth are facing is that they don't want to work or do things that are difficult.  One of the side effects of this issue is that then they lack self esteem because they have never felt the pride that comes from conquering a challenge.  I thought about that and last summer came up with the idea of having a place to post all of the difficult things my children accomplish - report cards, piano recitals, chores, goals etc. So now a year later we have our difficult things board.  The kids seem to enjoy seeing their accomplishments displayed and I hope to really follow through with the whole idea.  Anyway, What do you think of the new template?  I like that it is more stretched out and the white background is very crisp.  Now I just need a new camera and some photography lessons so my pictures are better!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Oh, I love it! I am totally going to do that with Miles. I think it is so important to recognize the accomplishments of others, even now as a grown up I wish i had a board like that....oh wait...or is that what I do on my blog? :)
I think its great that the need was addressed by one of your church leaders. Maybe I will suggest something like that in Primary.

janet said...

It's terrific. I love the lettering for the difficult things. You and Bill must add what you do. I like the new blog set up.

♥ Michele ♥ said...

I think the new layout is great but where are YOU? I think you need a picture of you with the rest of your family on there somewhere. You are pretty important too! I love the board of accomplishments. Maybe I could do that and put fruit snack wrappers and pictures of video games up on there!

Amanda Suraci said...

I really like this idea. I was telling a friend about it last night - - and now we are referring to it all the time. I may incorporate it into the classroom this coming year.

Shilea said...

I love your new layout, how it stretches across the whole page!!! Great idea on the "difficult things" board.
Thanks for sharing and for inspiring me to start our family blog. See you at Boot Camp!!!:)