Thursday, November 20, 2008

Orthodontics 101

Looks painful!

Tuesday morning Taylor began her journey to a straighter smile.  She had her expander cemented to the roof of her mouth.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I get to stick a wrench in the middle of the contraption and widen her palate.  Tate says it looks like a water skeeter!  She has some discomfort and is really struggling to find things she can eat.  Most days she threatens to rip it out!  I just keep telling her it will be worth it in the end.  

3 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

OH no FUN! That is awful. I hated all of that, but yes its well worth. Just have her ask Grandma if it was nice having them at 60 and if she wished she could have gotten it over sooner. :) love you, good luck with all of that,.

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Hang in there Taylor Rose!! I have to admit, it looks VERY uncomfortable. You will be rewarded for all of your hard work!

Jen said...

When I had my braces put back on at 25, it was SO much more painful than when I was younger. I found very few foods easy to eat. Crab cakes, cereal that I let get soft in milk, and soft fruit were my staple food groups ;)