Monday, April 6, 2009

Bake-off

Bill's attempt at "authentic" homemade bread

My attempt at healthy pizza frietes


A few weeks ago I was making dough in the bread maker for pizza frietes. Bill then decided that he wanted to make bread the old fashioned way. The contest had begun, his muscles against my machine. I decided to bake my dough instead of the customary frying method. It turned out okay, fried of course tastes much better. Bill's bread was great for his first attempt. It wasn't very pretty, he will work on his presentation next time. I'm so lucky to have a husbad who desires even to try to bake, maybe a desire to do laudry is not far off....

3 comments:

Jen said...

good effort to both of you! Does Bill like Challah? Then he could learn to braid!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

What? Bill bakes bread? Sweet! We know who we can get to teach the next enrichment class. ;)

Paige said...

Reminds me of the infamous "fudge bake-off of 2004". You know, the fudge bake-off that I won! Bill, you're hilarious. Bread is somewhat difficult, you get that mastered and you will be the envy of housewives for miles around. Get some good Lehi Rollermills Turkey flour (they sell it at Costco too.) It's a great bread flour. Keep up the good work on that hidden domestic godess quality you have!