Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleeping Out


The kids have been begging to sleep on the deck all summer.  After a couple of failed attempts due to weather, they finally did it Sunday night.  We are quite spoiled -  rolling out sleeping bags and plugging in a television is much easier than the time my Dad spent setting up a tent in the backyard for my sisters and I to sleep in- oh the memories!  Tate lasted until the movie was over, about 10:30.  Trace and Taylor lasted until about 4:30 and claimed they had to come in because it started to rain!?  Bill and I decided that actually the sprinklers  started and there must have been a breeze that made them feel damp.  I am sure this is just the first of many deck camp outs for the 3 T's.


3 comments:

janet said...

That is so fun! Sometimes I think I would like to sleep out, but...mosquitos! You are lucky to have a little wind. Did they see stars?

Jen said...

Ah, I remember those times in the tent in the backyard...nothing like it. I think we could have spent the whole summer out there if it wouldn't have killed the grass!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

that does bring back fun memories. It is neat to think that they will look back so fondly on those times together.